- University of Georgia, BSA (Food Science) 1983
- University of Georgia, Doctor of Veterinary Medicine 1988
- Louisiana State University, Internship in Small Animal Medicine & Surgery 1989
- University of Illinois, Residency in Small Animal Internal Medicine, 1990-1993
- Morris Animal Foundation Research Fellow 1994
- Board certified by the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine, 1995
Why I love what I do.
Internal Medicine often sees dogs and cats with severe diseases. Owners are convinced they are going to lose a beloved companion. Being able to determine what is wrong and devise a treatment plan that saves the pet is very rewarding. One of my mentors put it best. There is no greater thrill than robbing the reaper. She was so right.
When not at All Pets, I enjoy spending time with my wife, two sons and our cat (Pickles). I enjoy camping, gourmet cooking, wine, reading, listening to music and watching the Dawgs.