- University of Georgia, Doctor of Veterinary Medicine 1992
- University of Georgia, Internship in Small Animal Medicine & Surgery 1992-1993
- Ohio State University, Residency in Small Animal Surgery, 1993-1996
- Ohio State University, Master of Science, 1996
- Board certified by the American College of Veterinary Surgery, 1999
Why I became a surgeon.
In high school, I decided to become a veterinarian, after taking a job as a kennel attendant at a local animal hospital. It wasn’t until my junior year of vet school, during my very first surgical procedure, that I realized that surgery was for me. I had truly found my passion. From that moment on, I did not waiver in my pursuit of a career as a board-certified surgeon. Today, I am grateful for the opportunity to practice the art and science of surgery to better the lives of my patients and their owners.
when not working, I enjoy spending time my twin daughters, Rachel and Lily and my fiance, Greg. We have two cats, Kiwi and Hazel. I love gardening and knitting.